recipe by Chef Delahna Flagg
An aphrodisiac twist on a classic, this pancake recipe combines two of Delahna’s favorite sensual ingredients: avocados and bacon. Although they are more decadent than your typical flapjack, these pancakes do offer the added nutritional benefits of vitamin E from the avocado and protein from the yogurt and bacon.
- 2 C all-purpose flour
- 1 tbsp agave sweetener or brown sugar
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1 egg
- 1 C plain yogurt
- ½ Avocado
- 3 slices bacon
- 1 tbsp water
- Sift together all the dry items (flour, baking powder, and agave/brown sugar).
- Mash the avocado with the yogurt. Add in the egg and water. Combine.
- Fold the wet ingredients into the dry. Set aside.
- Cook the bacon in the pan only halfway to crispy. Save the fat for cooking the pancakes (or, if you are ‘behaving’ remove the fat and use a light oil).
- Mince up the bacon and fold it into the mix. Be certain it is well combined.
- Heat oil in a large saute pan. Cook as you would any pancakes.